Several people were injured on Friday after a person armed with a sword reportedly attacked a school in Fagersta, central Sweden, the municipality has said.
The Fagersta municipality confirmed the incident in a statement, while Swedish police said one person had been taken into custody.
“A call was received regarding a case of ongoing deadly violence at a school in Fagersta. Police have responded to the scene and one person has been taken into custody,” the police said in a statement.
Police said officers were still at the scene, with several units deployed to respond to the incident.
“Police are continuing to work at the scene with a number of different resources. The public is urged to respect the roadblocks and listen to police instructions,” the statement added.
Authorities have not immediately provided further details on the number of people injured, the severity of their injuries or the circumstances surrounding the attack.
The incident has prompted a security response around the school as police continue their investigation.
We’ve got the edge. Get real-time reports, breaking scoops, and exclusive angles delivered straight to your phone. Don’t settle for stale news. Join THISTIMES on WhatsApp for 24/7 updates →
Join Our WhatsApp Channel



